Problem with interface em0 - fresh install FreeBSD 12

Ernie Luzar luzar722 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 21:45:18 UTC 2019

Zbigniew Komarnicki wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 15:29:16 -0400
> Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> wrote:
>> 	For comparison:
>>
>> em0: <Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection> port 0xe800-0xe83f mem 0xfebe0000-0xfebfffff irq 21 at device 6.0 on pci3
>> em0: Using 1024 tx descriptors and 1024 rx descriptors
>> em0: Ethernet address: 00:04:23:e5:50:6c
>> em0: netmap queues/slots: TX 1/1024, RX 1/1024
>>
>> 	Is iflib loaded?  Other than that I have no idea.
>>

>> 			Respectfully,
>>

>> 				Robert Huff
>
> Thanks, but I do not know if iflib is loaded. I simply burn the iso from
> https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/amd64/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/12.0/FreeBSD-12.0-RELEASE-amd64-dvd1.iso
> on DVD and install this OS with default settings (I use auto ZFS on whole disk). Thats all.
> I'm still novice user in BSD world. I can add that this computer simply work on Debian 9
> or Windows 7 without any problem with this network card. So the question is why this network card
> do not works on fresh install on FreeBSD 12.0?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Zbigniew

Is your em0 built into the motherboard or a plug in board.
How old is your motherboard.

My em0 and em1 were built in on the motherboard. Had no problems release
9 through 11. For 12.0 started having network problems. Disabled them in
bios and replaced with PCIE type plug in cards. Every thing back to normal.

Just my 2 cents.