poudriere(-devel) ports updating question

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Wed Mar 6 17:23:54 UTC 2019

> Am 05.03.2019 um 15:09 schrieb tech-lists <tech-lists at zyxst.net>:
>
> Hi,
>
> There are several categories of ports I'd like to avoid for some
> architectures. For example, I don't want x11 for mips.mips64. Or astronomy. But let's say, for this architecture, I want to build everything else.
>
> I can't see a way of excluding categories with poudriere ports when
> updating the ports tree - the only workaround I can see is to download another tree, call it something and then manually edit that tree, and then set the build off with -p port-treename. Every time I want to
> make a bulk run.
>
> Basically I'm looking for exclude mask functionality when updating a
> ports tree with poudriere ports.
>
> Do I need to do this manually or have I missed something?

I don’t think it’s easy to do that. How would you handle dependencies? (For example, some ports require X11 libs and stuff, even though they’re in a different category.)

Do you want to save time on builds by excluding pkgs that you know you’ll never need? Or what is your goal with this?

In my setup, I rely on the regular packages from the official repo, but for those pkg that I need built with different options, I run a custom list.

You could try to produce a filtered list of all ports, removing those that you’d never select manually, and let poudriere figure out what needs to be built. Something along the lines of:
- update ports
- list all ports | grep -v '^x11/'
- run poudriere with resulting list

Stefan