How to update ports for portmaster?

Jim Trigg jtrigg at huiekin.org
Sun Jun 30 23:09:02 UTC 2019

To explain it more fully, portsnap fetch followed by portsnap extract overwrites the current port tree. It does not affect installed ports. Then portsnap fetch followed by portsnap update updates the current port tree in place, again not affecting installed ports. Portmaster uses an existing port tree top modify the installed ports.

Thanks,
Jim Trigg