I've got a major question...

Alejandro Imass aimass at yabarana.com
Wed Jun 26 19:37:43 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 12:34 AM Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Jun 2019 11:57:54 -0700, Allen Schaaf wrote:

[...]

> Backup strategies benefit from this approach, too. And FreeBSD
> is actually a great foundation to achieve this.

Agreed for the server side, but FreeBSD may not be the right choice for
desktop replacement of Windows.

>From what I've read so far, most of the core systems and processes run on
external systems and there is a lot of clerical work done in local
workstations, so it sounds more like a direct Windows to Linux migration
project where probably Canonical/Ubuntu would be a better fit than FreeBSD:

https://ubuntu.com/desktop
https://ubuntu.com/support
https://canonical.com/services

I think Canonical provides assessment and services (and/or partners) to
help with the migration and for support.