local_unbound not working

Trond Endrestøl trond.endrestol at ximalas.info
Sat Jun 22 15:53:24 UTC 2019

On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 18:03+0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> I have a system which is an exact replica of the other except for the DNS
> names and IP addresses.
> The system is FreeBSD-12.
> Now, on the original system, local_unbound is working perfectly for name
> resolutions.
> On the replica, name resolution is not working.
> I have edited the IPs correctly in unbound.conf, resolv.conf, rc.conf -
> every other place I can think of.
> What would cause this failure??

Wildly speculating here of course, does the replica live in the same
subnet as the original, and is the replica allowed to speak to the
external DNS service?

Any typos in the IP address, netmask, gateway, or name of the
interface(s)?

Are the MAC addresses unique in either case?

Is the switchport placed in shutdown, assuming a
manageable/programmable switch?

--
Trond.