ntpd configutration -- a small suggestion from the peanut gallery

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Jun 5 06:18:50 UTC 2019

During install of my fresh new 12.0-RELEASE system, I was asked
if I wanted to enable ntpd.  I clicked the little box to enable
that.

Now I have the system up and running, and yesa, the date/time isn't
set right.... off by several hours.

I feel sure that I'll be able to figure out how to get ntpd properly
enabled & configured, but I would just like to offer, hunbly, to the
Powers That Be, that it would be Nice if ntpd, once enabled during
install, just worked, you know, right outta the box.