Best hardware for a replacement desktop?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Jul 23 20:17:48 UTC 2019

On Tue, 23 Jul 2019 15:42:15 -0400, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
>I was talking dialog only for example if I am watching the news I don't
>want to see the anchor's lips moving but no words coming out until a
>second or two later... In terms of music since I am a classic rock
>person I can give a rats ass for stuff like lip-syncing (I don't think
>the late 60's to mid 70's even had any way of doing lip-syncing by
>technical means)

It's way off-topic, so my apologies for mentioning this in the first
place, but actually old analog lip-sync, by the original analog
material, tends to be way more perfect, than anything digital. By
technical means early analog material tends to be way more precise, than
anything either original digital or analog converted to digital. The
funny ting is, that even early digital technology wasn't that bad, it's
just the new digital technology that makes lip-sync a PITA, to an
quasi unsolvable issue. Lip-sync is out of style ;).