Best hardware for a replacement desktop?

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 19:42:28 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 3:29 PM Ralf Mardorf via freebsd-questions <
freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jul 2019 21:05:43 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >On Tue, 23 Jul 2019 13:18:48 -0400, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> >>lips are in sync
> >
> >When I was a young audio-video engineer in the 80s, lip-sync was a
> >_must_. Within the last decade and a little bit before, I've never seen
> >anything lip-sync anymore. In my experiences lip-sync doesn't exist
> >anymore.
>
> It's quite funny, if people try to highlight their education by watching
> ballet dancers on television by romanticizing the esthetics, while
> audio and video are completely out of sync.

I was talking dialog only for example if I am watching the news I don't
want to see the anchor's lips moving but no words coming out until a second
or two later... In terms of music since I am a classic rock person I can
give a rats ass for stuff like lip-syncing (I don't think the late 60's to
mid 70's even had any way of doing lip-syncing by technical means)