Best hardware for a replacement desktop?

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Mon Jul 22 18:01:15 UTC 2019

Aryeh Friedman writes:

>  > You need an uninterruptible power supply (UPS):
>  >
>  > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uninterruptible_power_supply
>
>  Already on my shopping list but half the problem is the machine is
>  a name HP and looking at the specs I have likely put more demand on
>  the power supply then I can supply if there any drop in voltage.

	I'd be interested to hear how you do this ... but assuming it's
true your solution has two parts:

	1) the UPS to deal with the "power hiccups".  Before you buy,
check ports/sysutils to see what models are covered by available
software.
	2) a more vigorous internal power supply.  I have no idea if it's
even possible to upgrade HP products short of having HP do it (and
maybe not even then).

			Respectfully,

				Robert Huff