how to upgrade mysql56-server to mysql57-server?

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Thu Jul 18 12:19:40 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 02:48:51PM +0000, Bruce Cantrall wrote:

>Can anyone else confirm that they seen my.cnf in multiple directories?
>Bruce C

Hi,

Yes, it used to be in /usr/local (or /usr/local/etc or even /var/db/mysql)
but is now (5.7) in /usr/local/etc/mysql. I removed my.cnf from the
other locations.

In the end, it was too problematic timewise for me to follow the
now-default mysqld version, because even after getting it running,
some tables weren't being read. So I restored the vm to pre-upgrade,
and added a line to make.conf for the poudriere instance corresponding
to the vm:

DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=mysql=5.6

and I was then able to use pkg normally. I'll upgrade to 5.7 when
there's a clear upgrade method.
--
J.