how to upgrade mysql56-server to mysql57-server?

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Wed Jul 17 13:07:34 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 10:06:04AM +0100, Mike Clarke wrote:
>On Wednesday, 17 July 2019 05:06:50 BST tech-lists wrote:
>
>> [1] this was partially fixed by doing ls -lh on /var/db/mysql/ibdata1
>> (my file was 78MB) and then looking for the innodb_data_file_path =
>> setting in /usr/local/etc/mysql/my.cnf and setting it like this:
>> ibdata1:76M:autoextend at least then it would start. However, running
>> mysql_check reported errors when it got to the databases. Some innodb
>> tables aren't being read, and I don't know how to fix these.
>
>You need to run mysql_upgrade and then restart the mysql server

Sorry, I meant mysql_upgrade. Like this:

# mysql_upgrade root at localhost -p
Enter password:
Checking if update is needed.
Checking server version.
Running queries to upgrade MySQL server.
Checking system database.
mysql.columns_priv                                 OK
mysql.db                                           OK

[...] lots of this, ends here:

mysql.user                                         OK
Upgrading the sys schema.
Checking databases.
Error occurred: Error during call to mysql_check.

This still happens even if the process is repeated. The only difference
in output:

mysql.user                                         OK
The sys schema is already up to date (version 1.5.1).
Checking databases.
Error occurred: Error during call to mysql_check.

[...]

So it seems mysql_upgrade invokes mysql_check.

Nothing usable in the error log; I can't see which tables are
malfunctioning. The way I can tell is indirectly, when the
mysqld-enabled site loads, there is missing information.
--
J.