UEFI loader picking wrong native resolution, documented fixes don't work

Mel Pilgrim list_freebsd at bluerosetech.com
Fri Jan 18 00:57:48 UTC 2019

On 01/17/2019 04:35, CeDeROM wrote:
> I have noticed similar problems with my AMDGPU on AMD RADEON.
> Setting hw.syscons.disable=1 in /boot/loader.conf and then loading
> the graphics module from rc.conf helped..

I tried that as well, but its not a productive change:

- The loader still goes to 1600x1200 for the boot menu
- Once boot begins, the console is disabled entirely, including the
remote console, which blanks and shows "No Signal"

Without it I at least have the remote console.  It seems like I might
need to compile a custom version of loader to force the right
resolution?  This seems like such an obvious thing to be able to tune.
The legacy console works, but I can't use it because the boot disks are
NVMe.