Method to properly recompile a port after tweaking

Nicola Mingotti nicola.mingotti at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 17 19:38:17 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have recently modified the port editors/texmacs and found a way
to easily recompile it after each C++ code modification.

The method I used is basically:
#> rm work/.build_done.texmacs._usr_local
#> make build

When I was looking for the solution I opened a discussion
thread on the FreeBSD Forum:
https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/how-to-tweak-the-source-of-an-existing-port.69164/#post-413736

The problem is that a user says the method to him is not working.

Could you please tell me what is the official way to recompile a port?
I am aware of
#> maker clean
#> make build
but that way too slow, it recompiles all, even if nor necessary.

bye
Nicola