workstation upgrade

B J va6bmj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 02:42:43 UTC 2019

I had problems with Firefox crashing on one of my systems under Mate.
After reading the following, the browser's been well-behaved:

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/firefox-is-leaking-memory-on-my-system.67657/

I recently acquired a refurbished laptop and I'm running FreeBSD 12 on it
with Xfce as the desktop.  (There are some quirks with using Mate, for some
reason.)  Firefox hasn't malfunctioned on me yet.

BMJ