mini-laptop / netbook for FreeBSD

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Tue Feb 26 07:37:30 UTC 2019

On 2/25/19 4:10 PM, Carmel NY wrote:

> Why limit RAM to a measly 4GB? If it is a 64 bit machine, that is like
> the bare minimum for it to work. Even my old laptop has 12 GB.

My laptop "works" fine (i.e. no paging) with 4GiB: I usually have XFCE,
ThunderBird, some FireFox windows with several tabs, several terminals,
some LibreOffice sheet, audacity, maybe okular.

My desktop does the same: with 4GiB I occasionally had heavy swapping
due to FireFox when I visited some "evily written" sites.
I upgraded to 8GiB because I had the DIMM around, but still seldomly use
that amount.

Of course, YMMV.

  bye
	av.