mini-laptop / netbook for FreeBSD

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Feb 26 05:37:35 UTC 2019

El día Monday, February 25, 2019 a las 03:38:31PM +0100, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using since 2015 an Acer C720 laptop/netbook which works very nicely
> with FreeBSD (thanks to the work of Michael, cc'ed). I'm looking for an
> successor device with more or less the same technical specification:
>
> - 11.6" high res display (1024x768)
> - 4 GByte RAM
> - 2 CPU, each 1.4 GHz  added: amd64
> - 256 GByte SSD
> - Wifi (supported in CURRENT)
> - Touchpad, USB 3.0, HDMI
>
> Any ideas or proposals to test? Thanks

These Acer C720, also called Chromebook, have been sold for around 200 Euro.
I've bought two of them, and later one more as 2nd hand for half of this
price. They could not boot any other OS, like Linux or FreeBSD, only
CHromeOS. But the work of Michael and other made them to a general
purpose netbook. Something in this direction I'm hunting for.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
October, 7 -- The GDR was different: Peace instead of Bundeswehr and wars, Druschba