Duplicating file system

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Thu Feb 21 03:59:24 UTC 2019

On 20 Feb 2019, at 19:21, Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:
> With this in mind, I'd start with an 1:1 copy using dd, and from that
> point on, have a scheduled job of rsync or cpdup in place to have any
> source changes affect the "copy drive".

I will try cpdup as I have tried rsync already and it is too resource intensive to run it constantly. Even with a 5 minute delay sometimes a task will not finish before the next one starts and then a cascade will bring the system down as more and more processes get stuck.

Thanks for the pointer.

--
"I don't care if Bill Gates is the world's biggest philanthropist. The
pain he has inflicted on the world in the past 20 years through lousy