any way asm people could contribute?

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Feb 10 21:35:06 UTC 2019

In article <U-T5V9GBTMH0X4T_hYmtSc4B19QRNPzkirSo_g45l-czdcQaEvhYekzafkZcQOM_Nb9IQ6Qx3EXEQ-aeRrDJkPrqMnQky88TZZlDfr9iTGA=@protonmail.ch> you write:
>If anyone can give more precise information about how to
>contribute in assembly language, I would find it interesting too.

I think there are a few libraries that have optional assembly language
versions of speed critical parts.  But in general I agree with you
that drivers are the place to look.

Keep in mind that every different architecture has its own assembly
language, so if you've fixed a driver in i386 assembler, there's
probably another version in amd64 assembler and possibly in the
various powerpc and arm assemblers.