12-1-RELEASE Cups and Lexmark printer

Tijl Coosemans tijl at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 8 20:12:11 UTC 2019

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 09:25:35 +0100 Jacques Foucry
<jacques+freebsd at foucry.net> wrote:
> Le mercredi 20 nov. 2019 à 09:53:13 (+0100), Tijl Coosemans à écrit:
>> Try installing cups-filters.
>
> This solve a part of my issue. Thanks.
>
> Now I can print with the generic PPD. The lexmark always failed with a failter
> failed" error. Nothing more in the logs :-(
>
> That annoying because I can't, with the generic PPD, use the recto-verso
> capability of my printer.

I noticed in your original email you talked about /usr/lib/cups.  The
locations on FreeBSD are /usr/local/libexec/cups and
/usr/local/share/cups.  If the Lexmark driver is made for Linux and
installs under /usr, maybe you need to move the files to the FreeBSD
locations.  If there are references to /usr/lib/cups in the PPD files
you have to change those too.  If some of the driver files are Linux
programs you may also need to enable Linux compatibility
(linux_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf) and install the linux-c7-cups-libs
package.