Switch between Xorg and TTYs

Dark Wolf dark-wolf at ovh.fr
Sun Dec 1 19:52:29 UTC 2019

Le dimanche 01 décembre 2019 à 19:12 +0100, Polytropon a écrit :
> On Sun, 01 Dec 2019 16:57:27 +0100, Dark Wolf wrote:
> > Hi,
> > i am with nvidia-driver-340 on 12-1.RELEASE, this is only driver
> > work.
> >
> > I can't switch between  and  X... :0 and :1 for perhaps use gnome 3
> > and
> > test dwm
>
> If you use Ctrl+Alt+PF1 (X usually starts on ttyv8, assigned
> to Alt+PF9), do you get a blank screen, some "out of sync"
> effect?

Yes i have black screen...
the part of my /etc/ttys :https://paste.debian.net/hidden/8c6253c5/
i'd like very have :0 on F11 and :1 and F12
> > Need to use dvtm, both under virtual terminal and ttys
> > and need to start compile under ttys because an X freeze or
> > disconnect
> > can break my compile.

or update configuration, take do effect or some else, i become on
GNU/Linux and now i would like help FreeBSD project, with BSD*
licence...
> Is an X freeze likely to happen on your system? It shouldn't
> be... and typically suggests that there's something wrong.
> You can use simple window managers like IceWM or FVWM with
> virtual desktops, and run several X Terminals (xterm, rxvt)
> on those, as using "text mode" consoles has become a nightmare

the text mode relieves my eyes
> on FreeBSD since the switch from sc to vt (as console driver).

O.K vt isn't enough completely work ?
But for mutli-tasking, i use a some of tty and windows manager, now i
am on gnome3 and it's a very good tool for work... need again some
configuration but... it's complet.
( in apart gnome3-lite isn't work out of box by pkg, i don't know what
can i do to help and report problem )
> However, even with the nVidia driver (I think you're using
> the binary one, right?), it should work.

yes i use binary, i was try by /usr/ports but no effect, only 340
version work.
> Please check if any of the relevant configuration files have
> any offending entries, or important entries missing (usually
> KMS stuff in /boot/loader.conf, no manual forcing of sc in
> that file, /etc/ttys, and /etc/rc.conf).

i'm on UEFI/GPT and no kms... but, in apart if can have smaller fonts i
take it :-)----------------------------------------------------------
-------------my /boot/loader.conf :
https://paste.debian.net/hidden/64fb3fcd/
my /etc/rc.conf :https://paste.debian.net/hidden/f27e1c2e/

--
=========
FreeBSD FreeBSB-Station 12.1-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p1
GENERIC  amd64
---------
Dell Precision M4700
GK107GLM [Quadro K2000M]