How _completely_ remove/deinstall databases/mysql57-server

MJ mafsys1234 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 05:25:43 UTC 2019

On 30/08/2019 1:34 am, Christos Chatzaras wrote:
> If you want to remove everything after the deinstall remove /var/db/mysql and maybe /usr/local/etc/mysql/my.cnf

That's presuming there isn't a custom location defined in the my.cnf in which case there's a datadir= reference inside which
will point to the location always.

He will also want to remove the init script (most likely usr/local/etc/rc.d or unlikely /etc/rc.d) and the mysql_server_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf