Firefox or what?

Paul Pathiakis pathiaki2 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 14 11:33:46 UTC 2019

 Did you read that bug?
It really has nothing to do with NFS.  It has everything to do with Intel NICs and the IFLIB functionality.  NFS usage is a symptom that exposes it and nothing more.

He may never run into that bug.
Everything I read on that bug report seems to point that it is specific to Intel chipset NICs and NOTHING else.  So, any of the incredible amount of non-Intel type NICs out there, will, more than likely, never experience the 'BAD" bug 220004.
Also, since FreeBSD follows standards like POSIX, it is more than likely that it is the Linux implementation not following standards, again, that is a problem when dealing with an issue (not related to this bug) of NFS compatibility.
Linux clients have had multiple problems talking to NFS server implementations that aren't Linux.  That's called 'platform or function incompatibility'.
Again, I point to NetApp being the largest seller of NFS based appliances.  Numerous times over the last decade Linux clients have had bugs exposed in their NFSv3 and NFSv4 implementations usually due to not following the specifications for implementation and/or being 'liberal' with the interpretation of it.
Finally, again, you're pointing out something that is irrelevant to make your point.  Try to do some objective research and ask relevant questions.  The list will help.  Please stop throwing up your hands and saying this is 'BAD' 'BROKEN' etc
Objectively state what you are doing and what the environment and setup is.  No one can read your mind, know your setup, etc.
Here's a list:
hardware in use on BOTH sides  (when you boot FreeBSD what does it show?)  Post the dmesg or /var/run/dmesg.bootexplain the configuration of both the client and the server and connecting hardwarelocation of the information being accessed (local or NFS)
what is being done when the error is encountereddebugging information - log files, errors being generated, debug mode turned on for those processes, what flags when you started the processes, etc
So, please, although this list is VERY helpful, you have to present your issue so others can understand it.  Also, getting on a list that deals with a specific project and bashing it right off the bat, not very helpful. It's like walking up to a girl's father after your first date and telling him she's ugly, stupid and wouldn't put out.  Don't expect the father to be very receptive to you getting a second date.  There is netiquette and many here still practice it.  I have breached netiquette because I find you aren't responsive to it.
Again, please start posting relevant information, or just please stop posting as people are starting to get annoyed with the bandwidth consumption.  If there is indeed an issue, the list will help you solve it and write up a RELEVANT bug.  However, we don't even know if the bug posted is relevant to your situation.
P.

    On Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 5:35:56 PM EDT, hw <hw at adminart.net> wrote:

 Andrea Venturoli <ml at netfence.it> writes:

> On 8/12/19 9:46 PM, hw wrote:
>
>> And now you say you got it to work with NFS.  How?  Neither v3, nor v4
>> work.
>
> Strange.
> I've been using FireFox with my home on NFS since about... 15 years or so.
> Now I learn it doesn't work...

So how did you get it to work?

After all this, I wouldn't be surprised if FreeBSD-NFS is incompatible
with Centos-NFS.  Have you tried that?  What will you do when you run
into bug 220004?