how to install into a directory

MJ mafsys1234 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 07:33:15 UTC 2019

On 9/08/2019 11:03 pm, hw wrote:
> MJ <mafsys1234 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> You have read the handbook?
>> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-xdm.html
>>
>> Specifically:
>>
>> 5.6.2. Configuring Remote Access
>>
>> ??
>>
>> That's if I understand your musings correctly?
> There is no remote access involved.  I am PXE booting diskless clients
> so that users can use xfreerdp to create sessions on and work on an xrdp
> server.

Ok.

> That means when a client boots, it needs to automatically start a local
> X session in order to run xfreerdp.  The idea was to use XDM on the
> client so a user can log in.  Once the user has logged in, XDM needs to
> start xfreerdp (which creates the problem that the user would have to
> log in to the server again).

So, why does Xsession fail when XDM runs (not a user running startx)?

.xession in the user's home directory is for commands to be executed
upon user login. You've put the commands you want to run in there?

What is failing in there? Is there an |.xsession-errors file in the
user's directory? I would expect there to be one.