Help with ntpd

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Sat Apr 27 18:41:56 UTC 2019

On 4/27/19 13:30, Montgomery-Smith, Stephen wrote:
> For some reason, ntpd has stopped correcting the time on my FreeBSD
> computer.  After 12 hours, my clock has fallen back 4 hours!  So it is
> very serious.

Does it then stabilize at 4 hours precisely? In Missouri, which I
believe is currently at 4 hours offset from UTC?

If so, I'd suggest that you've done something unfortunate with your
timezone and related settings, though personally I'm having trouble
coming up with a model where ntpdate gives you the result you expect and
ntpd doesn't.  What timezone do your kernel clock and your CMOS/hardware
clock believe they're in?

--
--Jon Radel
jon at radel.com