AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Apr 21 18:59:38 UTC 2019

On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 23:23:23 -0400, Robert Huff wrote:

> Polytropon writes:
>
> >  > It is also remarkable that now I cannot kill the Xserver with
> >  > Control+Alt+Backspace any more. How can I regain this possibility?
> >
> >  There seem to be several ways, and you need to experiment
> >  to find out which one works for you. A partial configuration
> >  file for your input device, for example:
> >
> >  	Section "InputDevice"
> >  		Option	"XkbOptions"	"terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
> >  	EndSection
>
> 	This has also worked for me.

A partial configuration file should be sufficient. However,
I don't know if HAL / DBus interferes here, but because this
is an X setting, it should still work even if the PolicyKit
setting is not in place.

> >  I have given up on using the console mode. Even if you can return
> >  to it, the screen might appear in a font only suited for ants. ;-)
>
> 	Allow me to (hopefully) repay many years of useful advice, by
> suggesting you try:
>
> 	kern.vt.fb.default_mode="800x600"
>
> 	in /boot/loader.conf.  Values other than 800x600 are possible,
> and you may need to adjust the font.

I have done so, but never got it working, The fonts are blurred,
the colors are way off, the mouse pointer causes color garbage,
and a functional (!) text mode is no more. :-(

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany