NVIDIA... issues of [deep state] graphics resolved?

Frank frankfenderbender at council124.org
Tue Apr 2 06:48:16 UTC 2019

I've seen many older "issue" statements re: non-supported NVIDIA graphics systyems.
For instance, on my Dell Precision 5820 Workstation, Ubuntu 16.04 interfered with window manager logins so that it would always rest mid-logion and come back to the same login input box.

Unfortunately, there is not an immediate "resolved" status nearby those issue postings.
So, did it also occur in some ways w/r/t FreeBSD?

Who knows what the independent-contracting CIA and computer-invasive NVIDIA are really up to.:

	"NVIDIA, the microprocessor manufacturer that powers much of the world’s gaming and cloud needs, will also join hands in this unlikely partnership between a retail giant, a government funded tech firm and the CIA. NVIDIA will provide the deep learning training needed by the AI system that will process billions of images collected by SpaceNet and turn it into “actionable intelligence.” - fropm <https://1reddrop.com/2016/08/27/amazon-help-cia-spy-earth-space/>

	"In 2016, it was revealed that DigitalGlobe was working with CIA chipmaker NVIDIA and Amazon Web Services to create an AI-run satellite surveillance network known as Spacenet." -- from <https://disobedientmedia.com/2019/03/intelligence-contractors-make-new-attempt-to-provoke-tensions-with-north-korea/>

I am avoiding their "graphics" systems.
Is its "issue list" resolved (or better-hidden, like Microsoft's  backdoor spyware) for newer platforms?
I suspect that not supporting drivers for older systems is a bit like [cr]Apple killing off the X in MacOSX, along with all non-proprietary security tools like Doorstop X Suite. "That would be telling." [The Prisoner]

This getting "fixed" oddly seems like "fixing a dog does to the dog... more like forcing manufactured issues resolution "code" closer to where OS security lives?
I'm not "paranoid... just experienced.

thanks,
frank