Document/collaboration server advise needed

Dale Scott dalescott at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 23 20:49:43 UTC 2018

http://OverLeaf.com
> service.  For decent size of the documents it is free and if you need some
> extra project security then service has almost everything you need in paid
> version.  I have very positive experience with it so really recommend it
to try.
> I am not sure if they have an open source version you may install in your
> premises but you may ask for it.

According to overleaf.com and Wikipedia, Openleaf uses the ShareLaTeX
collaborative editing environment, which is open-source (AGPL), although
Openleaf itself is proprietary. That's allowed since Overleaf acquired the
rights to ShareLaTeX last year, but they promised to keep ShareLaTeX
open-source. Is anyone familiar with ShareLaTeX? Is it practical for users
to use ShareLaTex on its own?

Cheers,
Dale