Periph Destroyed With FBSD11.1 Azure VM

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Mon Jan 15 20:05:10 UTC 2018

I just deployed FBSD 11.1 from the Azure Marketplace on an A0 Standard VM in Azure.  Now I'm attempting to add a data disk.  I've created a 100 GB page blob disk and attached to the VM.  dmesg output shows the VM sees it but it has errors.  Please see this relevant output:

da2 at storvsc3 bus 0 scbus5 target 0 lun 0
da2: <Msft Virtual Disk 1.0> Fixed Direct Access SPC-2 SCSI device
da2: 300.000MB/s transfers
da2: Command Queueing enabled
da2: 102400MB (209715200 512 byte sectors)
da2 at storvsc3 bus 0 scbus5 target 0 lun 0
da2: <Msft Virtual Disk 1.0> detached
(da2:storvsc3:0:0:0): Periph destroyed

Using "camcontrol refresh all" produces similar output:

da2 at storvsc3 bus 0 scbus5 target 0 lun 0
da2: <Msft Virtual Disk 1.0> Fixed Direct Access SPC-2 SCSI device
da2: 300.000MB/s transfers
da2: Command Queueing enabled
da2: 102400MB (209715200 512 byte sectors)
da2 at storvsc3 bus 0 scbus5 target 0 lun 0
da2: <Msft Virtual Disk 1.0> detached
g_access(918): provider da2 has error
g_access(918): provider da2 has error
g_access(918): provider da2 has error
g_access(918): provider da2 has error
(da2:storvsc3:0:0:0): Periph destroyed

I have found little on this issue from Googling.  There is one thread at https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/61266/ which says the issues was solved by ensuring the data disk was created and attached to the VM while it was stopped.  However, this didn't solve my issue.

There is also a comment to an Azure blog post regarding Spectre and Meltdown.  In this comment, the posted claims issues began after Azure did patching.  Comment is the first one on this page:

https://disqus.com/by/andreyvoytenkov/

Can anyone confirm or deny if there is an issue with Azure at the moment?  If there is not an issue, what am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Drew

Like card tricks?
Visit the Alchemist's Warehouse to learn card magic secrets for free!

http://alchemistswarehouse.com