File fransfer from iPad to FreeBSD

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 19 17:56:34 UTC 2018

On Mon, February 19, 2018 12:20 am, @lbutlr wrote:
> On 2018-02-17 (11:44 MST), Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu>
> wrote:
>>
>> And here is the part where we two will fundamentally disagree. The truth
>> is, that Apple store offers you the latest version of given application.
>
> But that is simply not true. There are plenty of applications that I can
> reinstall on my old device that does not run the current OS, and I will
> get the version for the OS I am running, not the newest version of the
> application.
>
> Apple cannot give you a version of an application that the developer has
> removed from the App store, no matter how badly you want it, as it is not
> theirs to give.

I wonder if you could teach me how to install older version of some
application through apple store for which apple store already carries
newer version of application. What do I do on my iOS device (iPhone or
iPad) to choose different version of application than the one that pops up
in the search of app store.

I don't care which application you choose as example, I just would like to
follow your step by step instruction. Once I am able to see one
(whichever) application for which I can choose one of two different
versions, I will happily admit that my statement was wrong. And I will
learn something. But so far I haven't seen the way to install older
version of some application (the version that was released when older
version on iOS was actively supported). But, of course, I did check all
applications that are in apple store.

Thanks.
Valeri

> --
> You only had to look into Teatime's mismatched eyes to know one thing,
> which was this: if Teatime wanted to find you he would not look
> everywhere. He'd look in only one place, which would be the place where
> you were hiding. --Hogfather

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago