Hello

Jonathan Engwall engwalljonathanthereal at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 23:06:41 UTC 2018

Thanks for such a quick add to this list and happy holidays.
So far I am impressed by the freebsd iso out-of-the-box usability. However
I might be hitting the wall...Also this has surely been asked many
times...I followed instructions online for this subject reducing
complaints. Here is the problem:
My usb ext2fs has the wrong magic number.
Is this an offset? I rewrote the stick several times, even with 128 inodes.
Still the magic number is 0.
Should I suspect the USB? Rufus rejects most of my usb stick though they
are still functional. I see I have no geom command and no gpart either.
Using centos and ubuntu I have never dealt with magic numbers.
I downloaded the 700+ manual (fun fun fun) and try to solve my own
problems, mostly this is meant as a "hello" to the list.
Jonathan Engwall
p.s. Using ufs, dragonfly latest, virtualbox 5.16