Problem with poudriere after updating to FreeBSD 12

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Dec 17 14:45:13 UTC 2018

On 17/12/2018 14:24, Carmel NY wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:12:31 +0000, Matthew Seaman stated:
>
>> On 17/12/2018 13:57, Carmel NY wrote:
>>> So, I guess what I want to know is why is this error happening and how do I
>>> correct it? I wanted to completely empty the repository but I don't know
>>> how to do that safely. Other than that, how do I force poudriere to do a
>>> complete rebuild of all the installed ports on this system using the
>>> correct information?
>>
>> Update the poudriere jail to match your new OS version -- otherwise
>> you'll end up building 11.x packages to install onto a 12.x system.  It
>> often turns out easiest/quickest to just delete the jail and re-install
>> the new one.
>>
>> Poudriere will realise that the jail version has changed and will
>> rebuild everything for you.  However, to be super safe, use the '-c'
>> option to your 'poudriere bulk' command, which cleans out the package
>> repository before rebuilding it.  This will rebuild _everything_ in your
>> repo, so allow plenty of time.
>>
>> 	Cheers,
>>
>> 	Matthew
>
> My second approach was to delete the jail and then recreate it. That did
> not seem to do the trick though. I will try the "-c" options to see if it will
> rebuild everything.
>
> Thanks :)

Make sure that your .../pkg/repo/repo.conf file uses the $(ABI) token
rather than spelling out your OS ABI explicitly -- or else don't have
any version related parts to your repo path at all.  Also, if your repo
is served via a web server, check your webserver config to make sure
your repo isn't pointed at an old set of packages.

	Cheers,

	Matthew