After update to FreeBSD 12, shared objects missing

Carmel NY carmel_ny at outlook.com
Mon Dec 17 12:29:48 UTC 2018

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 12:52:08 +0100, Matthias Fechner stated:

>Am 17.12.2018 um 12:43 schrieb Carmel NY:
>> ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libssl.so.8" not found, required by "pkg"
>>
>> ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmilter.so.5" not found, required by
>> "clamav-milter"
>>
>> The following errors are listed when trying to run clamav-milter or when
>> using "pg" in certain instances. The missing files are located on my
>> machine. I am using poudrier, but I am not able to force it to rebuild all
>> the ports on my PC. I am using this command:
>>
>> poudriere bulk -f ~/portlist -j 12amd64
>
>it seems that you executed the third `freebsd-update install` before you
>reinstalled all port after you did an upgrade from freebsd 11 to 12?
>
>Try `pkg-static upgrade -f pkg` this should fix pkg.

No, I did rebuild in the correct order. I am now building "pkg" and a few
others sans poudriere. Poudriere refuses to rebuild them. It claims they are
up-to-date, and I cannot figure out how to FORCE a REBUILD and REINSTALL via
poudriere.

By the way, a note regarding "mysql" after updating not starting and needing
an entry in "rc.conf" would have saved me some grief.

--
Carmel