After update to FreeBSD 12, shared objects missing

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 17 12:03:09 UTC 2018

On 17/12/2018 11:52, Matthias Fechner wrote:
> Am 17.12.2018 um 12:43 schrieb Carmel NY:
>> ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libssl.so.8" not found, required by "pkg"
>>
>> ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmilter.so.5" not found, required by "clamav-milter"
>>
>> The following errors are listed when trying to run clamav-milter or when
>> using "pg" in certain instances. The missing files are located on my machine.
>> I am using poudrier, but I am not able to force it to rebuild all the ports
>> on my PC. I am using this command:
>>
>> poudriere bulk -f ~/portlist -j 12amd64
>
> it seems that you executed the third `freebsd-update install` before you
> reinstalled all port after you did an upgrade from freebsd 11 to 12?
>
> Try `pkg-static upgrade -f pkg` this should fix pkg.

Also, for the benefit of anyone else intending to upgrade from 11 to 12,
a good tip is to install the compat11x-amd64 port /before/ attempting to
upgrade.  That should help keep your stuff which is compiled for 11.x
still running in a 12.x world no matter how rocky the rest of the
upgrade process turns out.

Once the base OS and all you packages are updated, then you should be
able to delete compat11x-amd64 without any consequences.

	Cheers,

	Matthew