Hello...

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Aug 16 03:09:21 UTC 2018

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 09:52:42 +0800, blubee blubeeme wrote:
>The mailing list admins also seem to agree with me as well since
>that's the ongoing policy. But hey if you don't agree change it or
>leave; either way have a nice life.

To advocate an open mailing doesn't necessarily imply that subscribing
to a mailing list might be annoying. I don't disagree with advocating
an open mailing list. I disagree that nothing should be more annoying
than having to join a mailing list to ask a question. There's no reason
for me to change anything or to leave, since I'm not against an open
mailing list. You assume the hidden agenda of those who run the list is
your thought. I don't know, but perhaps it isn't, at least there seems
not to be such a policy or an agreement with your point of view, see

"Also note that the mailing lists have traditionally been open to
postings from non-subscribers. This has been a deliberate choice, to
help make joining the FreeBSD community an easier process, and to
encourage open sharing of ideas. However, due to past abuse by some
individuals, certain lists now have a policy where postings from
non-subscribers must be manually screened to ensure that they are
appropriate." -
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/mailing-list-faq/index.html#idp54997832

Making it easier to join the community, isn't necessarily the same as
agreeing that it's the most annoying thing in the universe to subscribe
to a mailing list.

However, we all are bikeshedding now, so at least I'll stop continuing
this thread.