audiophile sound on FreeBSD ?

Erich Dollansky freebsd.ed.lists at sumeritec.com
Wed Apr 25 10:54:33 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 00:21:31 +0100
RW via freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 20:09:24 +0200
> Ralf Mardorf via freebsd-questions wrote:
>

> > Btw. an "audio CD" already provides not that good audio quality.
> > What you need for high end audio quality are 48 KHz,
>
> I'd be astonished if you could tell the difference under double blind
> conditions - even if you are a child.

despite knowing the theories behind 'digital' sound, I can tell you out
of own experience that there is a huge difference between 'analog'
sound and 'digital' when money is not an issue. I am not able to tell
you why 'digital' sound is so bad. A friend of mine has real good
'analog' sound equipment. After noticing that he has an original LP of
a CD of mine, we plugged normal digital equipment in. Every child could
hear the difference.

Erich