Restoring sc console look and feel with vt

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Sat Sep 16 16:22:13 UTC 2017

[..]

Yeah, sorry.  I see now that your first message in this thread said:

 > Experimental system is FreeBSD/i386 10.3-p22 (held current with
 > freebsd-update).

but not again till now, so it had slipped my mind (easily done :)

I've since checked that 11.1 won't help you in this respect either.

Are you sure there's no way to use sc(4) with X on 10.3?  We saw lots
about getting proper console switching going (again) using vt and X on
the stable@ list on earlier 10.x, but I can't recall any details, since
sc still works fine on my 9.3 (amd64) system, where vt(4) first became
available, including proper suspend/resume support from ttyvN or from X.

But that's using a much older X (and everything else), so I wouldn't
want to lend you any false hope at this stage ..

cheers, Ian