openvpn

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Mon Sep 4 22:10:01 UTC 2017

I have a home LAN with a number of servers on it.  I have one public fixed IP address.  I need to be able to access all the servers when away from home.  Openvpn appears to be the best approach as there is a client available for ios which is what I carry.  There is duplication of port usage on multiple servers so just  port routing in the router is not viable.

I have installed openvpn on one server and will setup the port in the router to route to it.  However, there are a number of sample configuration files provided and I can't figure out which is the best one for me to use.  My first thought was server.conf, but then tls-office.conf or static-office.conf also look reasonable.

-- Doug