Problems with Virtual-box

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Nov 14 02:25:38 UTC 2017

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 22:02:06 +0000, Dave wrote:
> On Monday 13 November 2017 17:57:52 Eduardo Lemos de Sa wrote:
> > Sorry, I forgot to attach the pdf file with a virtualbox network
> > configuration.
>
> Attachments generally don't work on this list.

If I remember correctly, text attachments do work (text/plain),
but binary attachments won't.

> Either paste the text into the email or provide a link to somewhere
> you can make the file accessible.  Plain text will suffice, no need
> for a pdf file.

I may suggest pasting the relevant text into the message directly,
so it can be archived for future reference. If the text is being
posted on an external site, it may disappear, and a future reader
of the message will probably find it less helpful, as the text
which it is about will only 404. :-)

With the pdftotext program (from the xpdf package), text can be
extracted from the PDF if there isn't any other source than the
PDF file.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany