All data in home directory lost after kernel panic

Jov amutu at amutu.com
Wed Jun 14 15:48:58 UTC 2017

Hi, I have similar problem last year and get back my data at last.try the
following steps:

Step 1:
backup your disk using dd.

Step 2:
run newfs -N /dev/your_partition,get all the super block numbers.chose one
in the middle,for example 123456.

Step 3:
run fsck_ffs -f -b 123456 /dev/your_partition.(here replace 123456 to your
num get from step 2)

Step 4: mount the fs,check the root of the fs,there may be a lost+found
dir,your data may be in there with some random number as dir name.

Good luck!

Jov

2017年6月14日 11:04 PM,"alphachi" <alphachi at mediaspirit.org>写道: