Sound Volume In Xfce

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Jun 14 09:37:31 UTC 2017

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 09:29:09 +0000, Manish Jain wrote:
> Perhaps the first thing to do is have a mixer like aumix, and see
> that the volume handles are cranked up.

With aumix (aumix-gtk) you get a nice little GUI mixer inside X, and
an interactive text mode mixer, too. But I'd still suggest you start
with the real basics and check what

	% mixer

tells you - that is FreeBSD's native interface to the mixer. If you
have more than one mixer device, check those as well. See "man mixer"
for details.

"So simple?" - "Good ideas are always simple." -- Dr. Mabuse ;-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany