BSD question

Michael Schuster michaelsprivate at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 12:24:09 UTC 2017

As I understand it - though I'm no lawyer by any stretch, nor do I speak
for anyone - you as the creator of the software get to choose under what
license you publish it (search eg for "beer license" to see how much
freedom of choice you have).
If you use other open source software and incorporate it into your product,
you may be allowed to charge for the *product* (again, depending on what
license that SW is using), but in most cases you'll have to leave the
license of the sources you used unchanged.

HTH
Michael