Shutdown from WindowMaker when using Xdm

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 20 20:19:13 UTC 2017

Hi,

What is a good and clean way to shutdown the system from a windowmanager
(in my case WindowMaker), and using xdm? I did add a menuitem containing
"shutdown -p now", but then WM sometimes coredumps. So I get the
impression that this method isn't the best way to do it. Just exiting the
WM is possible, but then the system exits to the login screen, without the
possibility of shutting down from there.

So is there a clean way of shutting down from WM?

Thanks and regards,
Marco
--
The Israelites were all waiting anxiously at the foot of the mountain,
knowing that Moses had had a tough day negotiating with God over the