spamassassin not lethal anymore

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Fri Jan 13 05:09:18 UTC 2017

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 17:32:20 -0600 (CST)
"Valeri Galtsev" <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> Question: why spammers would go to your lower priority MX instead of first
> going to your primary MX? Is that because on primary and only on primary
> you have greylisting? Why not to have greylisting on all MX serving your
> domain then? I'm in darkness about the logic behind doing it.

	Many botnet spammers assume that the primary MX has the best
anti-spam measures and by going through a secondary they can bypass them.
So having a secondary that rejects (preferably unless the primary is down)
traps these spammers.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>