more etc/wpa* and rtc.conf-1

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Jan 12 00:15:51 UTC 2017

On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 11:24:40 +0100, swjatoslaw gerus wrote:
>  Thank you for your assistance  by unsucessfull freebsd instalaltion
>  attempt
> Author solely responsible for misfortune

Well, yes, I think that is true.

>  Disscusion is ended .Author will not make stress to anonther
>  participants of forum .

It's a mailing list. ;-)

>  Please remove thread [...]

The mailing list is public, and it has many public mirrors.
It simply isn't possible to remove a thread.

> [...] and remove author from automatical e-mail
>  distribution list

See the instructions at the bottom of each list, which say:

> No, author have  had suggest  of experienced(20 years )  Solaris ,Oracle
> ,Cisco  Sysadm
>  He have said before installation attempt ,that author is false    with
>  UNIX attempt .

I don't think that's a good point of view. Sure, you need
some computer basics, but I found that you actually _have_
basic UNIX skills, which are a good foundation to build on.
Basically reading, understanding, and deciding - that's
how you get to learn FreeBSD.

>  Author  suspected that he have a right ,but tryed to test
>   Freebsd  and Solaris  both are not  suited   for mobile communications
>   of single user  ,

That is nonsense. Okay, I can't speak for Solaris which I am
not using for mobile use, but FreeBSD _definitely_ works for
that.

Sadly you never followed the suggestion to try TrueOS (which
was known as PC-BSD). It's quite comparable to Linux: It has
a graphical installer, provides preinstalled and preconfigured
applications, but basically _is_ FreeBSD, so you can have all
the advantages of that OS. It aims at "less skilled" users
(or at those who are too lazy to configure things to their
preference).

https://www.trueos.org/

Have a look at the screenshots:

https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=trueos

I think this is more what you expect from an operating system
(even though this view might be considered quite limited).
While FreeBSD is multi-platform, TrueOS explicitely targets
the desktop use.

And I think it even has a GUI WLAN configuration tool. ;-)

> the
> both adressed  social group  of system administrators .

This is nonsense as well. FreeBSD is used by many individuals
who just want a free, secure, stable, organized, well documented,
compatible, interoperable and accessible OS on their computer.
I have many friends using it, and _none_ of them is a system
administrator.

Regarding Solaris, I partially agree, is mostly found in "bigger"
environments and administrated by skilled people, but used by
"normal" people through thin clients.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany