Edison tactic - 1.ifconfig wlan0 ssid myssid , work but some missed ,2.pkg install

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Jan 9 23:58:09 UTC 2017

On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 18:22:18 -0500, Anton Yuzhaninov wrote:
> On 01/08/17 13:03, Polytropon wrote:
> >> IWN(4) states that an iwn adapter uses a lodable firmware.
> >> Is it actually loaded?
> > Isn't that firmware already part of the GENERIC kernel?
> > If not, "man iwn" has the relevant items that should be
> > added to /boot/loader.conf (or "iwnfn" for all of the
> > available firmwares).
> >

> Firmware for iwn is build as module and can be loaded from modeles path.
> There is no need to add entries to loader.conf
>
> dmesg should contain strings like:
> iwn0: iwn_read_firmware: ucode rev=0x12a80601

Thank you, _that_ is really valuable information. I have seen
the modules, but I wasn't sure if they needed to be loaded
via loader.conf or if this would happen automatically.

So for the OP, firmware is not the problem, as "ifconfig -a"
already stated that the iwn0 and wlan0 devices are available.
He's probably kust lacking the crazy configuration details
that the wireless network requires. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany