To date can use different bsd mode -graph, text , starter , expert -how take from 200 gb,which are not used some 50-80 gb for bsd test ?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Jan 3 00:43:09 UTC 2017

On Tue, 03 Jan 2017 01:10:39 +0100, swjatoslaw gerus wrote:
> freebsd  root  user can have folloving situation
>
> allocated 140 gb  of hdd but used only 20 gb
>
> he can decrease space allocation with some command untill 50 gb

You don't need to decrease the partition you want to
get rid off - just delete it.

> Or ?   if that is the  case tnan in linux must be some comporable
> command
> for root

In Linux, as I said several times, there is a GUI partition editor
called gparted. This tool is very easy to use. Delete the unwanted
Linux partition with it, or shrink one of the partitions (even
though this is probably nonsense, but possible).

> After this command performed would that reflected  in freebsd loader ?

Not in the loader (because you haven't even installed it). It will
be seen in the installer of course. Next to the Linux partition,
there will be unallocated disk space ("free") which the installer
can then use.

> if yes than this is more correct  vs erase   (risk limited)

I don't know why you want to keep a Linux on your hard disk which
is obviously not working. Keep the one that works, delete the
other one, and use the free disk space.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany