display base/pkg build options

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 7 15:30:22 UTC 2017

On 2017/02/07 14:31, James B. Byrne via freebsd-questions wrote:
> Thank you again.  Is it correct to infer from these lines from the
> provided reference that the __ ntpsigndsocket __ setting is supported
> in /etc/ntp.conf?
>

> 1415 	/* Path to sign daemon rendezvous socket */
> 1416 	#define NTP_SIGND_PATH "/var/run/ntp_signd"
>
> I previously set this in /etc/ntp.conf without error, but that does
> not mean that it is recognised:
>
> # grep ntpsigndsocket /etc/ntp.conf
> ntpsigndsocket  /usr/local/samba/var/lib/ntp_signd/

Given you could add that to ntp.conf without ntpd complaining (by which
I take it you mean ntpd would start up and not log any problems to
syslog) that is pretty good evidence the signd socket is supported.

You can see what processes are opening that named socket by using sockstat.

Of course, the way to establish that signd support absolutely is
provided to access the signd functionality -- try it and see.

	Cheers,

	Matthew