Is it okay to run ports from under poudriere ?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 19 13:42:54 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am a FreeBSD user of 15+ years. Of late, I have started contributed to
the community with ports that I have developed myself.

As a port developer, I am running poudriere for testing my ports. Now it
seems a bit of a waste to me that I have 2 ports trees, each a few GB :

/usr/ports/
/usr/local/poudriere/ports/default/

So is it okay if I run my ports from /usr/local/poudriere/ports/default/ ?

If needed I can even symlink /usr/local/poudriere/ports/default as
/usr/ports

Thanks for any tips.
Manish Jain