Ban on spam-sender domains from posting to freebsd-questions

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Wed Aug 2 14:49:35 UTC 2017

In article <VI1PR02MB120004256324416B306EF53AF6B00 at VI1PR02MB1200.eurprd02.prod.outlook.com> you write:
>But considering that a lot of happy spammers merrily keep posting and
>re-posting to f-q, is it not viable that repeat offences from the same
>domain lead to that domain getting blocked in the FreeBSD site's own
>mail server ?

If fbsd would configure its lists to accept mail only from
subscribers, most of the spam would go away.

Approximately every other list in the world does that.  I cannot begin
to guess why they imagine that isn't effective.

R's,
John