Does anyone have any idea when x11/cinnamon could be available as a package ?

Frank Steinborn steinex at nognu.de
Sat Apr 22 11:33:09 UTC 2017

Manish Jain <bourne.identity at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had a look at Mint Cinnamon and fell in love with it. This might arguably the most beautiful DE among the current generation.
>
> I am eager to try out x11/cinnamon on my 12-current amd64 box. But I see no cinnamon meta-package listed in 'pkg search' results.

Using quarterly packages, on 2017Q2, I have it:

$ pkg search cinnamon
cinnamon-2.4.6_4               Fork of GNOME Shell with layout similar to GNOME 2
cinnamon-control-center-2.4.2_3 Control center for Cinnamon
cinnamon-desktop-2.4.2_1       Additional UI API for cinnamon
cinnamon-menus-2.4.1           Additional UI API for cinnamon
cinnamon-screensaver-2.4.1     GNOME screen saver and locker
cinnamon-session-2.4.3_1       Session component for the cinnamon desktop
cinnamon-settings-daemon-2.4.3_3 GNOME 3 settings daemon
cinnamon-translations-2.4.2    Translations for the cinnamon desktop

In /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf I have just the default:

FreeBSD: {
  url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/quarterly",
  mirror_type: "srv",
  signature_type: "fingerprints",